AmiCaFest is a very unique Piano Festival conceived by Luca Cubisino, Sicilian pianist, piano professor and DMA candidate at the Frost School of Music – University of Miami (USA). AmiCaFest offers a long-life memorable experience made of people, places, flavors, glances, and stories that will accompany you wherever your career will bring you.
AmiCaFest will take place from June 13 (arrival) to June 26 (departure), 2018. Besides offering talented pianists a chance to take lessons and participate in masterclasses with internationally renowned professors, the festival provides an unforgettable exposure to a comprehensive learning experience. Indeed, AmiCaFest places the student in a full-Sicilian-immersion environment, within a total involvement in everyday life, from the lodging to the authenticity of worldwide-loved food. All the activities will start on June 14 at 9 AM, and will end on June 25.
The Tuition cost is extremely competitive: (EUR) €1,400.00 + an application fee of €50.00. Use this converter tool to estimate the cost in your currency. Applications and application fees must be received by midnight EST of March 10, 2018. Incomplete applications will not be considered. On early applications (submitted by January 31, 2018) a 5% (€70.00) discount on the tuition, to be paid in full by March 30, will be applied.
For info on how to apply as an Auditor or a Guest click here.
Please, make sure to:
2. Include your biography, picture, and links to videos of your playing for a minimum duration of 10 minutes. The videos must be recorded no more than two years prior to the application deadline. The choice of repertoire is free, but must include two solo works of contrasting style. Students interested in the Concerto Competition will have to send a video of one movement from the provided list of Piano Concerti (by April 20, 2018), in addition to their application recordings.
3. Pay the Tuition (if you are accepted), which can be split in two installments: deposit (€700.00) by March 30 and balance (€700.00) by April 10. You can also pay the amount in full by March 30. If the application is submitted by January 31, a 5% (€70.00) discount will be applied on the tuition paid in full by March 30. Failure to pay the tuition within the deadlines will automatically mean losing your place as a festival participant. Please email us a copy of the receipt (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as you make your payment, so that we know when the payment has been made.
Applicants will be notified of their acceptance no later than March 20. Up to 20 participants will be accepted.
|WHAT IS INCLUDED|
The Participant Tuition covers:
- Application fee and processing
- Pre-screening evaluation
- Concerto Competition admission (if requested in the application)
- Pre-screening evaluation of Concerto Competition (if applied)
- Orientation session
- Practicing during the entire duration of the Festival (4 hours per day guaranteed)
- Three individual lessons
- One masterclass
- Chance to win a scholarship
- Access to any lesson and masterclass of the festival
- Solo performance in a shared solo recital
- Admission to any faculty and student concert
- Admission to any of AmiCaFest activities
- Discount on professional photos and video recording of the student performance
- Housing in a family environment *
- Daily breakfast + 1 meal (lunch most of the time) for the total duration of the Festival (tour days excluded) *
- Laundry (up to two times) *
- Bus transportation from/to the airport (two or more trips will be scheduled on the arrival/departure days)
- Tour of Grammichele (main square, museum, churches, and other monuments)
- Tour of Caltagirone (downtown, ceramic shops, etc.)
- Tour of Catania (Monastero dei Benedettini, Duomo, Colleggiata, via Crociferi, via Etnea, etc.)
- Beach day
- Discounted rates for individual/small group tours
- Cooking class of a typical Sicilian dish
* Included in the tuition if family hosting is requested in the application.
NOTE: each family can host up to two people. Room and board in a B&B/Hotel are not included and must be arranged directly with the facilities management. See here the list. Other arrangements can be made if you wish to stay in a private apartment (subject to availability). Feel free to write us for any clarification.
|MINOR STUDENTS POLICY|
Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, who is responsible for them at all times, either minors and their parents/legal guardians are accommodated together or not, in accordance with the following options:
Option #1: both the minor and his/her parent/guardian are accommodate in a family environment. Each family can host no more than two people. The parent/guardian needs to fill out the application and pay the tuition for auditors and guests. In this case, the parent/guardian can enjoy anything included in the tuition for auditors and guests.
Option #2: both the minor and his/her parent/guardian stay in a B&B or a Hotel (see this list). In this case, neither room and board, nor AmiCaFest extra activities (such as tours, cooking class of a typical Sicilian dish, etc.) will be included for the parent/guardian. However, parents/guardians can pay separately for any extra activity they wish to join.
Option #3: the minor can choose the family hosting option and the parent/guardian can choose the B&B/Hotel option (see this list), as long as the parent/guardian takes full responsibility of the minor at all times. In this case, neither room and board, nor AmiCaFest extra activities (such as tours, cooking class of a typical Sicilian dish, etc.) will be included for the parent/guardian. However, parents/guardians can pay separately for any extra activity they wish to join.
IMPORTANT: There can be one parent or legal guardian for more than one minor.
|2018 KEY DATES|
Early Applications (5% discount on the Tuition)
Applications must be received
Festival results notification
Deposit due (or Tuition in full)
Concerto Competition videos must be received
Concerto Competition results notification
Arrive in Grammichele (everybody)